Thursday, June 5

B&B horrors


TORONTO, CANADA

This will never be a forum of negativity, but sometimes its best to air frustrations for the mere sake of setting straight facts that may to some seem too unreal to believe.

All I needed today was peace and quiet. I came to Toronto to do an overnight shift this week and today's day at this crazy B&B was to rest. My hosts, whoever the hell they think they are for trying to run this operation with such few amenities (you have to ask for towels?) I walked in from my overnight at around 1030am, exhausted. I went up and they knew the sleep I was needing. One hour later, I hear a creep in my room. It was one of my hosts peeking through drawers. The previous guest in this room (who'd by this point had checked out at least 24 hours ago and was now travelling) had realized they'd left their purse in a drawer and I, in that time, had not yet discovered it. So there she was, and continued to go though things until I finally peeked my head out of the covers. She gasped! Apologies at this point don't matter, I just held my head in awe. She explained the situation, I had to stop her from going through drawers I was using. She finally found it, more apologies, and left saying she'd knocked twice and thought I'd gone out for breakfast.
I blamed Canada, then just got over it and passed out.

This was at 1130am, right as she was just getting started with the chores for the day which seemed to all be situated directly above me. B&Bs are lively midday, I forgot. I realized four hours later, having truly slept for about three, that a new guest was arriving. My goodness, someone made the WRONG decision to put me here on my schedule. In the name of all things holy...

She truly took me there, made me feel like Bob Geldoff in The Wall, over the edge and simply unwilling to deal. This couldn't possibly me part of my ultimate tour experience.

Shows start tomorrow, my new photography exhibition on Mark Morris's L'Allegro is up at the Four Seasons for the legth of the festival, I've eaten well this evening and all is good. Tonight I rest well.

No comments: