Saturday, December 13

Mom's day



On 12 December every year, our Lady of Guadalupe is celebrated internationally but no greater than with celebrations in Mexico which shine her as the bright ray of light that appeared to the humble, poor peasant Juan Diego in 1531. The day is about the mother of Latin America, the anniversary of her first appearance. To me, it is the beginning of a wonderful two day celebration of mothers. My own mother's birthday falls on 13 December. She hopes for all-encompassing peace and I can't blame her. I've simply learned to take that hope and try to untangle what's in the way to understand not only its possibility but also its source.

Taking a double take on what matters most sometimes can be the difference between fog and clear skies. At the same time, perfection is something to not take for granted because sunny skies are broken with thunder somewhere every day. I'm trying to make sure I get in everything, there is a lot...

Family is there to keep grounded, so it becomes, as always, bearable.

Happy Birthday to mom and her wonderfully simple way of keeping an eye on everything, surroundings herself with good while always keeping her shields up when treading through the unknown. She got me here and I'm proud to say its her why I float through spaces with such ease. Still so much to learn, I know, but I am made of a genius stepping stone whom I can't ever thank enough for always taking it all (me) on.

No comments: