Wednesday, May 28

Proud Privilage

In general, I am most proud of two very important rights I get as a United States Citizen: tax day and election day. Every year, I walk those returns to the main post office (at the Mies van der Rohe branch which serves both mom's work and home in Chicago, and here in New York at the future Moynihan Station on Eighth Avenue) and I adore offering my voice in the form of voting on and turning in an election ballot and knowing it counts for something. Those two rights I'd never want to live without.

EVERY AMERICAN HAS THE RIGHT TO A VOTE.

If I were in charge, I would eagerly give every vote its full count. She was only smart to stay on that ballot. As for those undecided, they should only count for more for all. I can't imagine that is what said outcome will be. If I were in charge.

No comments: